This is a featured upload!
It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Here's the set of 1x1, 2x1 and 2x2 dining tables with two subsets - 'wood' and 'cloth'.
Features of this set are:
1) cloth length is adjustable via alpha-channel - I believe that recolors I've made explain this enough
2) textures are contained in 1x1 table only, 2x1 and 2x2 tables borrow them from 1x1 table; texture layout is somewhat tricky, the idea is similar to Maxis bedding - I wanted to make texture size smaller while keeping the details.
Advantages of this approach:
- all recolors of 1x1 table are automatically inherited by 2x1 and 2x2 tables
- since textures are in 1 package of 3 only, it saves you some space
- 'slave' tables wouldn't work without 'parent' one
- you can't make fully asymmetrical texture for these tables - some parts of texture mapping overlap (intentionally, to reduce texture size) - I could make it all non-overlapping but texture would become twice bigger
1x1 table - 284 faces, 404 vertices
2x1 table - 424 faces, 557 vertices
2x2 table - 570 faces, 722 vertices
Mesh consists of 2 subsets - 'wood' and 'cloth', both are color-enabled and bump-map enabled.
This set is created in original game and should work with any EPs. Thanks to Echo
for tutorials which helped me to create 2x2 table working in original game.
Feel free to recolor, but please link back to this thread for original mesh.
Please don't post on pay sites.