Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 905 (Who?), Viewed: 203015 times.
Page 37 of 37
Mad Poster
#901 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:40 AM Last edited by smorbie1 : 16th Jan 2018 at 4:19 PM.
OMG! Do not bother with the Man in the High Castle or anything by Phillip K. Dick, ever. That was a horrible story! Just stupid.

All of the above is told in broken English with few complete sentences. The pertinent parts are mostly hinted at. Crap. The book was crap. I also learned far more about the I cheng than I ever wanted to know. Apparently, Dick was fascinated by it and fashioned the ENTIRE story around it.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Instructor
#902 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:32 AM
I accidentally started reading Harry Potter again a while ago, even though I have a million new books I've never read, and now I'm on book four. But Harry Potter is just such a comfort zone for me. It's hard for me to find the energy to read, but Harry Potter is just so easy to get into again.
Mad Poster
#903 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:29 PM
Never read HP, but I know books like that. They just feel like home.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Alchemist
#904 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:19 PM
The Hidden Life of Trees. It's written by a man in Central Germany who had 20 years of forest ranger experience. It's got rather in-depth knowledge of the tree anatomy and functions.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#905 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM
I finished 'Turtles all the way down' by John Green while I was at uni so I picked up 'Wonder' by R.J. Palacio at ASDA to read on the train ride home. So far it's pretty good.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#906 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:32 AM
Just finished Norse Mythology, as retold by Neil Gaiman. Before that a couple of books by Matt Haig (The Radleys and Humans), both of which were a quick, light read. Currently reading my "comfort zone" - a PG Wodehouse collection.
Page 37 of 37