Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 132 (Who?), Viewed: 17083 times.
Page 6 of 6
Alchemist
#126 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:30 PM
This is such a weird thing that I was thinking about yesterday...
See, for as long as I remember, I've always done this:
It started when I was a kid (about 4-6 years old) We use to race from one end of the playground to the other but because I was taller than the rest of the kids and had longer legs I'd always win. Eventually the other kids got angry and the leader of our little group stood super close to me and shouted "You can't play with us anymore, you always win"
Anyway so I dunno whether I was thinking about this memory later while watching an episode of Courage the Cowardly dog, or whether I was thinking of this episode when I was being shouted at... but either way, whenever I think of that memory, I see it in third person... with myself as this weirdass eggplant.
Why? I don't know.
I was lying in bed last night, thinking about an argument I had with this woman at work who is about 6 inches shorter than me and I realised, again, I'm seeing it in my head in third person and I'm a fucking eggplant.

I don't know why I do it. If someone shorter than me shouts at me for whatever reason.... I always imagine myself as a big lanky evil eggplant.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#127 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
This is such a weird thing that I was thinking about yesterday...
See, for as long as I remember, I've always done this:
It started when I was a kid (about 4-6 years old) We use to race from one end of the playground to the other but because I was taller than the rest of the kids and had longer legs I'd always win. Eventually the other kids got angry and the leader of our little group stood super close to me and shouted "You can't play with us anymore, you always win"
Anyway so I dunno whether I was thinking about this memory later while watching an episode of Courage the Cowardly dog, or whether I was thinking of this episode when I was being shouted at... but either way, whenever I think of that memory, I see it in third person... with myself as this weirdass eggplant.
Why? I don't know.
I was lying in bed last night, thinking about an argument I had with this woman at work who is about 6 inches shorter than me and I realised, again, I'm seeing it in my head in third person and I'm a fucking eggplant.

I don't know why I do it. If someone shorter than me shouts at me for whatever reason.... I always imagine myself as a big lanky evil eggplant.

Eggplants aren't really nutritionally packed. They are void of things both bad and good for you.

In any case, I tend to dream about guys I like, older men to be exact. Usually, they either are married to a woman, their job or both. They have a wide range of jobs, mostly trades I want to pick up. I never really understood such targets of my affectionate gestures in the dreamscape. My father thinks it's due to the lack of stability in my life that I dream of these older men. My mother thinks I have daddy issues that have yet to be talked about in therapy. Whatever the case, I try to be kind to my guests in the dreamscape. I still talk to Alice in my dreams and he's been quite a gentleman, but his face loses any semblance of color when challenged to golf. It used to be his sport, but something must have ruined his love for the game. So it's more complex beyond the fluffy "spend a rainy day watching movies on the bedroom TV snuggled up close" but my mind has it's limits.

Beyond that, I probably would buy a single color of M&Ms in bulk (you can really do that), green and mix it into cookie dough and baked it up. It would be my Valentine's Day project.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
Original Poster
#128 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 9:10 PM
I still write fanfics in my head, and sometimes even upload them, and I'm interested in vintage synthesizers.
#129 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 10:49 PM
Rub my thumb against my eyebrows. It's some nervous tick that I've had for years now, though I'm more likely to do it when nervous/stressed. I can't explain why I do that though, beyond that it feels good.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Alchemist
Original Poster
#130 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 6:15 PM
I sometimes hum the basslines for songs like "Gimmie More" since it is in my vocal range and I am a contralto... sort of a female equivalent of a bass.
Alchemist
#131 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:03 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 21st Sep 2018 at 6:00 AM.
Lately got hooked on the Teletoon series of series: 6teen, Stoked and the Total Drama metaseries. I originally saw 6teen on Nickelodeon for a brief period in mid 2000s and I recently got hooked on to Total Dramarama, a reimagining of the Teletoon characters as 4 year olds with the Chef imagined as the teacher. The episodes are roughly 11 minutes (which fits the 15 minutes slots easy when you factor advertising and station interstitials in) but it's pretty dense in terms of the story flow. I did love how they lampooned the Unicorn Frappaccino from Starbucks, right down to the tired employees, not to mention the kids remain pretty much the same as their teenage selves, just toned down to fit a childish tone.

Like I said in one dream, I saw dolls of these characters in a Toys R Us that should have been demolished.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#132 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 5:25 AM
I look up stuff like vintage analog synthesizers - including the CR-78 and TR line, and the TB-303. Recently got a great deal on a Yamaha keyboard with velocity sensitive keys.
Alchemist
#133 Old Today at 1:28 AM
Writing to people in the top of various industries for advice beyond the basics my grandfather's advice told me. I don't know if I can afford to go back to school, but I rather have some guidance to better run the path of self-made self-sufficiency.

Think of it as like those awful levels in Sonic 2006 where Sonic couldn't stop running and you had to time the dodging just right or you lose a life.

Page 6 of 6