Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 126 times.
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2020 at 7:20 AM
Default Can we change the social data test function?
So you know the social data files in gameplaydata.package ? Some of them have a proc test key. Eg. ProcTest key="TestAccuseOfCheating" Here TestAccuseOfCheating is a method inside SocialTest Class. I have been wondering if it is possible to change the method to something else in a class created by a script mod.

Any idea if this is possible?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/PuddingFace
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st May 2020 at 9:34 AM
Hiya!

Depends on what you want to change from the looks of it. Because it returns a function that checks the relationships of said sims and then completes the test. 

So when you say "Change" are we talking about overriding in such a way where the 'old' code can no longer be used by the game and should always use yours?

I think i'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to do here 
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2020 at 2:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
Hiya!

Depends on what you want to change from the looks of it. Because it returns a function that checks the relationships of said sims and then completes the test. 

So when you say "Change" are we talking about overriding in such a way where the 'old' code can no longer be used by the game and should always use yours?

I think i'm a bit confused as to what you're trying to do here 

Oh no the ProcTest key="TestAccuseOfCheating" is not a relationship(LTR) checking function. This function tests for if a Spouse cheated I believe. In case of vampire bite social interaction <ProcTest key="TestVampireDrink" /> checks for if the Sim has the Weakened moodlet or is pregnant or is a genie. These functions are in SocialTest.CS .

Code:
static bool TestVampire(...)
{
 OccultVampire.CanSimProvidePlasma();

I wonder if I can create a method in a Script mod and then add that method in the Social Data somehow like<ProcTest key="TestCustom"> .

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/PuddingFace